product return policy
Time of Delivery
- RDP Foodservice guarantees customer satisfaction on all items delivered.
- Your RDP driver will help to make sure that your order is complete.
- Please take the time necessary to review the order in its entirety while your driver is still present. This will help ensure your complete satisfaction.
- Any item can be returned for full credit at time of delivery.
If a product is short or damaged upon delivery, your RDP driver is empowered to:
- Adjust the current delivery invoice in order to give credit on any item effective immediately (not including special order items). Credits for partial cases can be issued if the situation warrants.
- Communicate the issue to the RDP Customer Service Department where an action plan can be made to fill the shortage.
- Pick up return items from prior deliveries using our Return Authorization procedure.
Your signature denotes that you are satisfied with the delivery, minus any items you have chosen to return.
Proper Product Storage: It is always important to make sure that both refrigerated and frozen items are stored at the proper temperature in order to achieve maximum shelf life. Consult your local health department for acceptable temperature tolerances.
After delivery, the products you received from RDP are still guaranteed but limited to certain parameters based on the following product categories:
All fresh poultry must either be refused at time of delivery or be reported for pick up within 24 hours of delivery (date on shipping labels) in order to receive credit.
All produce must be thoroughly inspected at time of delivery. Fresh produce should either be refused at time of delivery or must be reported for pick up within 24 hours of delivery (date on shipping labels) in order to receive credit.
Refrigerated Cheese and Dairy
Please check the code dates of all fresh dairy items at time of delivery. These items must either be refused at time of delivery or reported for pick up within 24 hours of delivery (date on shipping labels) in order to receive credit.
Refrigerated Meats and Seafood
All fresh meat & seafood items should be inspected carefully at time of delivery. These items must either be refused at time of delivery or reported for pickup within 24 hours of delivery (date on shipping labels) in order to receive credit.
Frozen Meat, Poultry and Seafood
All frozen meat, poultry & seafood items must be reported for pickup within 48 hours of the date of delivery (date on shipping labels).
General Frozen Goods
General frozen (not meat, poultry & seafood) items must be reported for pickup within 7 days of date of delivery (date on shipping labels).
Canned and Dry Goods
Dry goods must be reported for pickup within 14 days of date of delivery (date on shipping labels). Note: Dented cans must be accumulated and returned as full cases. It is recommended that you keep original boxes on hand for this purpose.
You have 14 days in which to return chemical items and they must be in their original packaging as dictated by Federal Regulations.
Special Order Items
Special order items are generally not returnable. Please see your RDP Sales Consultant in the event you are not satisfied with a special order item as our Customer Service department is not permitted to generate Return Authorizations for these items. If a special order item is deemed returnable, it will be subject to a 20% restocking fee to cover all return costs.
A few words about requesting that products be picked up for credit:
The preferred method of reporting “pick-ups” is through your RDP Sales Consultant. This is so they can remain fully aware of your service status at all times. However, you may also request them through the RDP Customer Service Department.
- Our Drivers are required to have an RDP Return Authorization Document that they bring with them to the delivery in order to complete the pick up.
- The original RDP shipping label must also remain affixed to each item returned in order to receive credit.
- All products that are being returned for credit must be in their original packaging and free from additional markings. In other words, please do not write on them!
Requests for credit that do not involve the return of an item must be reported directly to your RDP Sales Consultant to determine viability. Credits of this type are unusual and are only granted in very specific situations.